I first want to begin by thanking Catherine for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award. She not only posts great book reviews on her blog but many amazing bookish things. Her most recent posts include Aesthetically Pleasing Character Mood Boards | Simon vs. The Homosapiens Agenda. You should go check out her blog!
Now, let’s continue…shall we?
- If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award
- Thank the person who gave you this award
- Include a link to their blog
- Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
I know…I know…you are waiting to read my 7 things. Well, let’s get to it then. I cannot guarantee you will find them interesting, but it is a lot more difficult to come up with 7 interesting things about yourself than you think.
- I recently finished my second Bachelor’s degree. I now hold a B.S. in Criminal Justice with minors in Forensics and Sociology as well as a B.S. in Biology and Sociology with a minor in Chemistry. I did microbiology research analyzing the bacterial growth from mouse fecal samples. Fun summer research haha.
- I am a mom of two
beautiful boysmonsters. I am joking, I love my boys. They are 6 and 1.5 years old. Both are super smart, making me proud every day.
- When I walk on a sidewalk, I always take an even number of steps in each square. Not sure why, but odd numbers bother me, with the exception of 5.
- Building off of my last one…my plates have a lined pattern, one end brown and the other orange, I have to have them all facing the same direction. I line them all up properly. My husband enjoys playing games with me by switching them around. He usually switches the ones on the top shelf so I have to get a chair to reach them (I am 5’1.5″ tall, yes that 0.5″ matters…it makes me taller than my mom).
- I love Asian culture and music. I dream of visiting Japan and South Korea. I love Kpop! Go ahead…judge me as you will…I cannot get enough of it.
- I have hyper-flexibility in most of my joints. When I was younger I could put both feet behind my head and walk around. Though I can no longer do that due to my hip problems, I can rotate my left shoulder 180 degrees. I can also bend my fingers back toward my wrist. I am also able to walk on the knuckles of my toes.
- My inlaws own about 250 bee hives. It was about 400, but last summer the neighbor sprayed and the first half they brought back from Georgia died. Once I was healed from the surgery on my right hip (getting the left done in April) I was able to help care for the bees. I wore a bee suit (way too big haha. I looked ridiculous.) and help treat the hives for mites, split the hives, and place queen cells in queenless hives. It was hard work, especially on the hot days. Though it was sweaty work…I really enjoyed it. Honey bees are something too many of us take for granted. I will forever advocate for their protection.
There you have it everyone, 7 things about me. Now for fun part, at least fun for me, my nominations! I remind you that these nominations are in no specific order. I do not play favorites.
Now I look forward to hearing all of your 7 interesting things! As a reminder, participation is voluntary. You never need to feel obligated to post anything that would make you uncomfortable. The most important rule that is not listed….have fun!